Fantastic opportunity for a UX Researcher! Our client is seeking a talented UX Researcher for a temporary hire in Reston, VA. For this position, you will be responsible for effectively generating a strategic understanding of user needs and marrying that knowledge with the goals of the business, product and technology teams to drive a plan forward to improve customer experience. The UX Researcher facilitates insight generation through empathy interviews, leads ideation workshops and communicates their findings and concepts in strategic design artifacts. This role is also responsible for ensuring that the voice of the customer is captured and honored throughout the product lifecycle, collaborating and building consensus with other teams so that the design vision is faithfully executed.
UX Researcher Responsibility:
- Utilizing Design Thinking processes and techniques in collaboration with business and technology leaders and practitioners.
- Ensuring that customer insights are applied to proposed features and functionality for a portfolio of digital products, building consensus around design strategy and thinking.
- Serve as an advocate for the customer; collaborate with product teams to ensure that customer needs have equal weight with business value and technological feasibility.
- Lead and facilitate discovery workshops aimed at teasing out pain points and key customer needs.
- Facilitate, identify, track and measure key success metrics.
- Utilize project coordination expertise to manage schedule, risks/issues and budget within assigned area .
UX Researcher Requirements / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in design, marketing, business or related disciplines
- Experience working with executives and directors; consulting or agency experience preferred
- Strong knowledge in human-centered design principles
- Organized, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Current on latest design management and design strategy techniques and trends
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional design sessions
- Ability to collect and synthesize user research insights
- Ability to develop and communicate the user’s mental models
- Experience in creating insight-driven design strategies
- Highly collaborative work nature; with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Not afraid to ask the tough questions and propose creative solutions
- Ability to formulate learning agendas for product designs
- Awareness of Agile / Scrum and Lean Management methodologies
- Experience utilizing the Design Thinking methodology
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: