UX Researcher Responsibilities:
- Understands the business strategy and business needs, and contributes to identification and refinement of overall solution strategy.
- Develops user experience research plans based on identified gaps in customer knowledge, key project hypotheses, and research best practices.
- Provides broad based strategies for information architecture, usability, and digital solutions design based on corporate standards and industry best practices.
- Executes user experience research plans, including information architecture validation, usability testing, user requirements gathering, and all other research strategies aimed at evaluating and improving user experience.
- Actively participates in all phases of the project lifecycle to ensure that proposed and implemented solutions are in alignment with business objectives, user needs and UX strategy.
- Contributes to team’s understanding of users within focus areas (e.g., Homeowner, Professional, Installer, Manufacturer, Researcher, Distributor, etc.).
- Communicates learnings from user research to design, development, and business teams in ways that effectively advocate for user needs and desires.
- May occasionally support the team in content gathering, iterative prototyping, and other software development work.
- Ensures communication across user experience, development, 3rd parties and technology teams for relevant. UX projects and technology rollout.
- Monitors and evaluates emerging UX technology trends.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of UX and digital agency partners.
- Build team research proficiency by identifying new research methods, tools, or processes that can generate better insights with less overhead.
- Advocates for new UX technologies, maintains tools, and contributes to improvements to value of work.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, competitive developments, best practice research and other related information that would prove valuable to improving the clients digital presence.
UX Researcher Requirements:
- BA or BS, preferred in Marketing/Graphic/Digital Design or Information Services; or relevant experience
- Familiarity and demonstrated proficiency with user experience research methods, especially usability testing, user requirements gathering, and information architecture validation
- Experience with Optimal Workshop, Usability Hub, Ethnio, HotJar, UserTesting.com, and Adobe Analytics a plus
- Working knowledge of design tools, such as Axure
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated passion for digital technology solutions and the role they can play in growing business and increasing customer engagement
- Business strategy or analyst experience with marketing/digital business or consulting, a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with full product development life-cycles, preferably experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Demonstrated understanding of digital technologies and how they may be applied to meet user and business needs
About The BOSS Group:
We offer an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program.
A specialist in placing creative, marketing and digital talent, The BOSS Group, offers temporary and direct hire/full-time positions with corporations, associations design agencies and non-profit organizations across the U.S. With 28 years of experience staffing and recruiting top creative talent we seek the best placement for you. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Where Talent and Opportunity Meet
Connect with us on Facebook Twitter Linkedin
Job ID: 312571MB