STRATEGIC, MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES (30%)
- Create and promote a culture that values talent, collaboration, autonomy and accountability where every contributor strives to elevate these standards over time, driving the performance of the entire team.
- Develop, coach and mentor direct reports through formal and informal feedback, including annual performance reviews.
- Partner with the Resource Manager to determine and implement team building and inspirational programs.
- Conduct performance reviews and manage top-grading practices
- Provide strategic business advice and insights on best business practices to client-side upper management.
- Ensure team is compliant with all Client branding, operational, legal and regulatory mandates, policies and guidelines.
ART DIRECTION RESPONSIBILITIES (40%)
- Lead in directing and executing the design of marketing and communications assets as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs
- Provide creative direction on small-and large-scale projects from creative conception to completion
- Brainstorm and strategize with creative team to help develop creative direction with a focus on the look and feel of Tier 1 marketing materials
- Convert rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews
- Recommend, research and develop imagery (e.g., photography, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution
- Collaborate with copywriters to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives
- Direct and is accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives
- Ensure brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions
- Maintain high utilization of the contracted resources by managing overtime and the use of flexible staff to cost effectively meet department needs
- Identify and align key resources to execute on the business needs while adhering to clearly defined utilization metrics & expectations.
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities for operational improvements.
- Lead the assessment, design and implementation of group processes, policies and procedures best suited to the needs of the department, the department’s internal clients, and the greater corporation as a whole.
- Capture and analyze Studio metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Organize and lead monthly Studio Operations meetings
- Ensure that all contract employees are on-boarded and receive the tools/training needed to begin their engagement
STUDIO DIRECTOR REQUIREMENTS
- BA in design, communications or related field of study from an accredited college or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of creative, communications and/or marketing services experience
- Minimum of 4 years in-house/corporate creative or communications department leadership experience
- Previous experience as an Art Director, Senior Art Director, Associate Creative Director or Creative Director required
- Hospitality and/or B2C experience a plus
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: