Our client, a Fortune 500 leader in the packaging space, is looking for a Senior Industrial Designer to join their design team in a contract-to-hire position in Chandler, AZ! Do you have experience with Solidworks, ArtiosCAD, and love working for a growing organization? Are you a skilled industrial designer with 5-9 years of experience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Senior Industrial Designer Responsibilities:
- Develop design-driven solutions to solve for business opportunities.
- Stay on top of trends and motivate team to do so as well.
- Stay current with software updates, industry standards and technology developments.
- Reflect marketplace and design trends in work.
- Work with team members and project managers to prioritize projects and workload.
- Prepare for large upcoming projects and changes in workload.
- Work with functional and cross-functional partners to help develop strategy.
- Provide design-related sales support.
- Work with external customer teams to ensure project success.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Review/approve creative concepts.
- Conduct creative sessions with team members to kick off new initiatives.
- Guide team members throughout the creative process.
- Present work to internal groups and customers.
- Work with team members in developing presentations.
- Develop creative direction.
- Design quality solutions on time and within budget.
- Meet with customers to help sell design capabilities and custom solutions.
- Interpret customer feedback and offer appropriate solutions.
Senior Industrial Designer Requirements / Skills:
- Bachelors degree in industrial design, packaging design or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in design.
- Solidworks, Artioscad, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro experience.
- Understanding of manufacturing limitations.
- Understanding of packaging engineering.
- Understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Basic understanding of packaging qualification standards (ISTA, ASTM.)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to plan / prioritize activities.
- Ability to build trust with the team and partners.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and challenging assignment simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of: industrial design, brand strategy, design principles, retail & e-commence design, packaging design, retail display and fixture design.
- Ability to understand a business opportunity and how to align design-driven solutions to it.
Job ID: 315868RW
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: