Do you want to be a part of a dynamic, growing, digital creative team? One of the top clients currently located in North Wales, PA is hiring a Proofreader for an indefinite, temporary hire (contract) position. This this a part time opportunity working 1-2 days onsite.
- Edit copy to ensure proper grammar, spelling, syntax, and style. Requires an eye for detail, ability to use standard proofreaders' marks, and excellent knowledge of grammar and style.
- Provide proofreading, editing, checking corrections, or slugging, as directed by designers/project coordinators, of materials in hard copy or on screen, including:
- Printed publications in layout stage, such as booklets, newsletters, ads, posters, detail aids, handouts, and forms
- Detailed charts, figures, and numerical tables in scientific posters.
- Interactive multimedia programs.
- Use our client’s editing style, which is based on AMA style.
- Review comments and mark up documents in PDF format as needed.
- Fact-check pieces with references (eg, monographs) as directed.
- Update online proofreading tracking tool to facilitate proofreading process.
- Keep track of time in online invoicing system.
- Provide proofreading support to other groups' editorial teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in an agency environment.
- Experienced in AMA and AP style.
- Demonstrated industry experience.
About The BOSS Group:
We offer an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program.
A specialist in placing creative, marketing and digital talent, The BOSS Group, offers temporary and direct hire/full-time positions with corporations, associations design agencies and non-profit organizations across the U.S. With 28 years of experience staffing and recruiting top creative talent we seek the best placement for you. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Where Talent and Opportunity Meet www.thebossgroup.com.
Connect with us on Facebook
Job ID: 311747ET