Production Designer Responsibilities:
- Executes design solutions as directed against established creative, or repurposes existing designs and artwork for new uses
- Revises and updates existing design deliverables
- Prepares production-ready files to appropriate production specifications
- Responsible for pre-flighting all production files assigned to ensure quality
- Responsible for QC to ensure all files contain all correct elements needed for production of final deliverables
- Checks files to ensure that all settings are correct including color, image resolution and output settings
- Corrects all inconsistencies and mistakes in the art file before its release. Including: typesetting revisions, scaling artwork, photo retouching, correcting vector artwork, color corrections/adjustments and page sequence/imposition revisions.
- Takes direction from Art Directors and Graphic Designers while meeting deadlines on a various projects occurring at the same time.
- Works with Print Management team and Vendors to troubleshoot and problem solve production issues on files.
- Ensures all files are correct and final before archiving.
- Provides technical guidance based on project needs/complexity to meet production specifications and standards.
- Maintains and updates images, photos, videos and work products in appropriate asset management system.
- Adheres to brand standards
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Displays expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software, specifically: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat. Adobe certification preferred.
- Sound understanding of MS Office
- HTML proficiency a plus
- Detail oriented, highly organized. Displays a commitment to quality control, specifically measured by:
- Consistently producing accurate artwork in a timely manner
- Interpreting and implementing client changes to artwork during proof cycles
- Experience working across Mac and Windows platforms.
- Demonstrates strong typographic skills in print and digital channels
- Ability to create high quality CMYK or RGB images for print or multimedia. Understands dot gain, color separations, trapping, Pantone to CMYK conversions, imposition work and retouching.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum of three years professional level experience required in creative/graphic design or production within an external or in-house agency.
- Portfolio required.
- Adobe Certification in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop a plus.
- HTML experience a plus.
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: