Production Designer Responsibilities:
- Primary design contact on assigned projects. Work directly with clients and internal team stakeholders as dictated by the scope of the project.
- Collaborate with Brand Leader and copywriters (as relevant) to ensure a cohesive relationship between copy and design.
- Support development of creative briefs in conjunction with Brand Leader, Team Lead and/or clients.
- Conceptualize, plan and design solutions per creative brief and/or project specifications on Tier 1 (complex) projects.
- Produce original designs, based on limited direction.
- Recommend, research and develop imagery to support creative strategy and execution
- Provide design direction to Designers on Tier 2 and Tier 3 projects, as needed.
- Regularly design Tier 2 projects; as business requires, work on Tier 3 projects as well.
- Ensure brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions
- Participate in client meetings when applicable
- Respond to requests and communications in a timely and thorough manner
- Work to improve the team’s overall performance and embrace a collaborative approach
- Mentor designers and production artists by offering support and counsel on various aspects of their role; also supports onboarding of new team members
- Support leadership in helping to build a unified team mindset
- Maintain awareness of new technology and trends in design and printing techniques to ensure the best possible solution for our clients.
- Engage in professional development to continuously grow in your profession and remain competitive with outside services.
- Demonstrates expertise of design techniques, skills, tools and procedures for the applicable media
- Demonstrates expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software: InDesign and Acrobat. Adobe certification a plus.
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software: Illustrator and Photoshop
- Demonstrates strong quality control practices
- Microsoft PowerPoint experience a plus
- Understands design applications in multichannel marketing
- Demonstrates strong typographic skills in print and digital channels
- Actively learns new techniques to be more proficient in their design skills
Job ID: 313921MB
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: