Production Artist Responsibilities:
- Manipulate or recreate customer artwork using Illustrator/Photoshop, so that printed materials can be produced according to production requirements.
- Output production proofs, understanding separations depicting final layout for customer approval.
- Send all files according to the requirements of the press it will run on; including press marks, color correction, trap, applying press tolerances and distortion.
- Make independent judgment in graphic assembly of working art files; analyzing needs and product requirements to create a final press-ready file.
- Setup files staying within strict Branding requirements.
- Make recommendation to customer submitted artwork based on Flexographic/Digital printing within Company capabilities.
- Maintain detailed technical knowledge of Company art and manufacturing capabilities in order to make the best recommendations for art designs and departmental procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all equipment and software used within the department.
- Maintain an effective comprehension of calibration, profiling and workflow procedures.
- Perform routine maintenance on all departmental equipment.
- Proofread all work including customer proofs and final plate files.
- Maintain accuracy on all orders so that orders flow efficiently and effectively; communicating all art changes to affected groups to ensure correct and timely alterations in tooling, inks, and materials.
- Attend and actively participate in department meetings.
- Any other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Associates Degree in Graphic Design/Printing Technology or equivalent combination of education and graphic art experience required.
- High school diploma / GED / or equivalent required.
- Strong work ethic, time management, organizational and troubleshooting skills, positive attitude, and detail-orientation required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong mathematical and analytical skills required.
- English language proficiency required.
- Proficiency in Macintosh and PC environments with strong working knowledge of graphic design programs and Excel required.
- Adobe Products OS X / Windows required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance required.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people, maintaining flexibility, objectivity, professionalism and a capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously required.
- Previous production art experience/exposure in flexographic & digital printing environment preferred.
- Esko Labels & Packaging Software OS X / Windows preferred.
Job ID: 316024HP
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: