Product Owner Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management to manage release planning and to help define the product roadmap.
- Analyze complex business problems using data from customers, end-users, partners, and internal sources.
- Help prioritize development work on new features alongside required bug fixes.
- Create detailed user stories that clearly define required functionality and answer questions from the software development team.
- Work with project management and scrum master to continuously groom the product backlog.
- Define acceptance criteria for user stories and verify that they are achieved.
- Prepare presentation materials for high-level business stakeholders to clearly understand advanced technical projects.
- Conduct investigations into business use cases and requirements, clearly document and communicate to engineers for the design of the solutions.
- Review developer questions/notes and attend daily standups and other meetings to serve as the voice of the customer.
Product Owner Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly convey requirements to development team and demonstrate product functionality to stakeholders/customers.
- Flexibility and openness to adapt to a team's working style, processes, and practices, but isn't afraid to suggest improvements.
- Able to assess conflicting priorities/requirements and make difficult decisions.
- Accountable for achievement of product roadmap goals and capabilities.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, assignments, and initiatives at the same time.
- Able to read product roadmap, product requirements, and technical notes and consolidate into a single, succinct source of truth.
- Knowledge of Cloud or traditional IT concepts.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 year’s experience in a technology-related field.
- Retail/hospitality experience preferred.
- Self-motivator who can proactively run with tasks and projects on their own.
- Highly organized with superb documentation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously, prioritize conflicting demands, and set expectations accordingly.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work well and collaborate with other teams of various skill levels.
Job ID: 316828MR
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: