Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the sales & marketing teams to define and understand customer needs.
- Identifies emerging technologies and trends.
- Oversees the technical aspects of projects and assists in the development of point-of-purchase product displays and planograms.
- Controls purchase price variance through negotiations, product design recommendations, manufacturing process discussions and buying quantities that meet inventory objectives.
- Works directly with Asia office and suppliers to develop new products and programs, ensuring products meet cost, quality and innovation requirements.
- Collaborates with Purchasing & Product Planning Manager to ensure pricing and supplier selection is within scope.
- Manages the release and acceptance of product specification and facilitates first piece production samples.
- Secures design approvals from the design studio and sales manager or customer prior to production start.
- Responsible for addressing and resolving supplier delivery delays at the supplier’s expense in addition to resolving day-to-day service and quality issues.
- Collaborates with Sales and Design to commercialize new product launches and line extensions by assuring the agreed-to-standard cost, gross profit, quality and safety requirements along with on time delivery.
- Assists the Senior Design Manager and Sales Directors with creating customer presentations.
- Manages and coordinates with Sales, Design, and Suppliers, all updates/revisions to product/packaging/labeling specifications while monitoring the financial impact of these changes. Responsible for the integrity of the specification prior to releasing to Suppliers.
- Responsible for identifying and communicating customer requirements for materials testing, code compliance, and inspections to Suppliers.
- Drives early identification of challenges/issues; assesses and evaluates potential alternatives and develops appropriate recommendations for resolution.
- Evaluates completed projects and recommend improvement/modifications that need to be implemented.
Product Manager Requirements / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing preferred or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of professional experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in purchasing.
- Creative and accomplished product development professional with a strong industrial and graphic design background.
- Proven ability to develop product lines from concepts all the way through product launches (ideally in paper/stationery).
- Must have experience in cost negotiation and reduction while maintaining product integrity.
- Ability to determine new market opportunities.
- Must have experience leading a team.
Job ID: 317187KK
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: