The BOSS Group is looking for a talented Print Production Coordinator for a temporary hire opportunity currently located in Washington DC. If you fit this description below and are available, APPLY NOW! We can’t wait to talk to you.
Print Production Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Manages the print and conversion workflow for different categories of projects as needed.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, including some relatively large and complex initiatives as assigned; coordinate a range of print production functions for both print and electronic versions of a broad variety of World Bank Group publications, in consultation with appropriate parties as necessary.
- Responds to a wide range of routine and non-routine questions on reproduction and design requirements, technical specifications and methods, cost and distribution, etc.; monitors production process and deadlines; identifies and resolves related issues/problems.
- Assembles and pre-flights complete Mac formatted files and professional publishing software with hard copies, corrects errors or advises typesetters/designers so errors can be corrected and discrepancies resolved.
- Tracks status, receives, checks and routes proofs, including 4/color cover proofs, and revised proofs through final approval.
- Prepares and posts final electronic files for e-book conversion and archiving; provides publication files in multiple formats for translation, co-publications and electronic repurposing.
- Updates internal databases, project files and records, reporting mechanisms, etc.
- Performs ad hoc duties as required.
- Print production background preferred
- Understanding different stages of the publication process
- Experience applying publishing production methods and procedures
- Production processing skills, ability to track and monitor key deliverables
- Knowledge of electronic file preparation and pre-flighting, scanning, 4/color process, imposition, paper and binding
- Metro accessible
- Onsite, full 40 hour workweek
- Can be long term
- Great benefits
The BOSS Group offers an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay, and a health benefits program.
The BOSS Group places highly qualified creative, marketing and digital talent with top temporary and direct hire positions nationwide. Get to know us, and the tools we provide for freelancers and full-time job seekers at www.thebossgroup.com. Like us on Facebook to receive updates. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
The BOSS Group - Where Talent and Opportunity Meet
Keywords: Print Production, Coordinator, Project, Print
Job ID: 309998LW