PR Specialist Responsibilities
- Positions organization as an authority on aging issues with local, regional and, potentially, national media.
- Produces and manages a monthly publicity plan which includes promoting all special events, as well as other publicity opportunities; pitches stories to the media on an ongoing basis with the goal of garnering maximum coverage for the agency.
- Interfaces with department directors and managers throughout the agency on a regular basis to identify potential publicity opportunities.
- Acts as a spokesperson in print and broadcast interviews, and in the event of a crisis, as instructed by the Director.
- Responds promptly and effectively to media inquiries.
- Manages media relations by developing strong relationships with local media representatives and maintaining current information on media outlets, trends, reporters’ beats and interests.
- Tracks media contacts, interviews conducted, releases sent, and results of publicity efforts.
- Writes for the Milestones monthly newspaper
- Develops new content for website on an ongoing basis to align website content with current PCA programs and initiatives.
- Manages communications projects as assigned, including conducting research and interviews, arranging photo sessions and developing public service announcements for distribution to radio and television outlets.
PR Specialist Requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in journalism, public relations, media relations or communications.
- Proven ability to develop and manage public relations campaigns, and to identify publicity opportunities with a track record of positive story placement in print and broadcast media.
- Proven ability to manage publication projects from start to finish, on deadline and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and compelling copy for a variety of formats, including print, broadcast and web.
- Experience in cultivating positive relationships with the press. Familiarity with local press is a plus.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills, including an ability to speak confidently and informatively in public settings and broadcast or print media interviews.
- Competence with computer technology, databases and word processing.
Job ID: 314553JK
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: