PR and Digital Media Specialist Responsibilities:
- Creative, technical and PR writing, including media materials, key messaging, creative blog posts including but not limited to: event and cultural commentary and narrating and internal communications materials, newsletters and more.
- Develops and implements digital communications strategies, identifying which digital media platforms and approaches are most appropriate and effective to communicate strategic messages to targeted audiences.
- Supervision of freelance contract employees on new and on-going projects
- Oversee day-to-day social media: basic community and content management, which includes managing posts/status updates, fostering dialogue, answering questions or comments, monitoring trends, advising on potential opportunities and resolving issues.
- Creation and management of social media assets including photography and video content for relevant posting and social storytelling as it relates to sales, services, sports, life sciences, diversity and group tour divisions Media relations: create and maintain media and influencer lists; write media materials; draft media pitches; pitch media; coordinate media interviews; track media coverage and create monthly media coverage reports
- Participates in brainstorming sessions for the creation of TV, promotion concepts and social strategy
- Manages and acts as primary contact day-to-day for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance across all electronic media
- Builds and maintains the Arlington CVB brand across social media platforms: increasing
- engagement, acquiring followers, conducting promotions, managing paid advertisements, etc.
- Play key role in social media monitoring and reporting: use third-party software and manual methods to monitor social media conversations on a variety of channels; create client reports based on monitoring findings, including using third-party social media monitoring software to do so
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and
- report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Advocates for the CVB in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Content development: identify news and other story angles; write engaging and creative topics for editorial calendars, annual content calendars and other social media efforts
- Assists with portions of the Radio/TV Network with station personnel, publicity directives, promotional timelines, marketing partners and contest winners
- Conduct research by monitoring emerging social media tools, trends and applications, and appropriately test and apply that knowledge to increase the user base and engagement of social media
- Partner with internal departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensure consistency of messages across multiple networks, assists in preparing reports to update internal team on usage statistics and continuing monitoring and engagement on all sites
- Creates invitations, programs, graphics, art work and unique promotional materials as needed for the department
- Coordinates familiarization (FAM) tours with visiting media
- Conduct blogger outreach, including researching relevant bloggers and creating lists
- Photographs or records for use in publications, web content, and social media; uses software to edit photos and videos for digital library
- Assists with special events
- Maintain registration and upkeep of department-run websites
- Intern supervision and delegation of intern tasks
- Works with marketing agency on producing and curating specific content for web, social, ads, pitches, etc.
- Assists with supervising external social media & blogging contractor
- Recruit and supervise qualified interns
- Commit to fostering the ACVB TEAM first environment and our culture, by following our core values: we own it (commitment), we lead (Strategic), we win (Results-Driven) and we celebrate(Passionate).
PR and Digital Media Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience in communications, journalism, new media or marketing.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenario
- Basic HTML and CSS are a plus
- Experience in digital ad buys
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with PR software platforms such as Cision are preferred
- Experience with Simpleview CRM and CMS are a plus
- Required software skills include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as requests from the media, maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to compose and edit routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Extensive knowledge of AP style
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: