Packaging Designer II Responsibilities:
- Develop design-driven solutions to solve for business opportunities.
- Stay current with software updates, industry standards and technology developments.
- Reflect marketplace and design trends in work.
- Work with team members and project managers to prioritize projects and workload.
- Prepare for large upcoming projects and changes in workload.
- Work with functional and cross-functional partners to help develop strategy.
- Provide design-related sales support.
- Work with external customer teams to ensure project success.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Review/approve creative concepts.
- Conduct creative sessions with team members to kick off new initiatives.
- Present work to internal groups and customers.
- Work with team members in developing presentations.
- Ensure projects are aligning to strategy.
- Design quality solutions on time and within budget.
- Meet with customers to help sell design capabilities and custom solutions.
- Interpret customer feedback and offer appropriate solutions.
Packaging Designer II Requirements / Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Design, packaging design or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial design or packaging design.
- Experience with Solidworks, Artios CAD, Keyshot, and Sketchbook Pro.
- Ability to build trust with the team and partners.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and challenging assignment simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of: industrial design brand strategy design principles.
- Experience with retail & e-commerce design.
- Experience with packaging design.
- Experience with retail display and fixture design.
- Basic understanding of packaging qualification standards (ISTA, ASTM.)
- Understanding of manufacturing limitations, packaging engineering, and graphic design.
- Ability to understand a business opportunity and how to align design-driven solutions to it.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite.
Job ID: 316298MM
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: