Packaging Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, and motivate a team of 10-12 industrial designers.
- Develop a strategy around team member growth and continuing education.
- Develop design-driven solutions to solve for business opportunities.
- Stay on top of trends and motivate team to do so as well.
- Stay current with software updates, industry standards and technology developments.
- Reflect marketplace and design trends in work.
- Cascade important business-related initiatives and information to team.
- Work with team members and project managers to prioritize projects and workload.
- Prepare for large upcoming projects and changes in workload.
- Develop functional process to promote team collaboration and growth.
- Work with functional and cross-functional partners to help develop strategy.
- Provide design-related sales support.
- Lead efforts with other managers to execute on business objectives.
- Work with external customer teams to ensure project success.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Review/approve production-ready art.
- Conduct creative sessions with team members to kick off new initiatives.
- Guide team members throughout the creative process.
- Present work to internal groups and customers.
- Coach team members in developing presentation skills.
- Lead senior designers in developing art direction.
- Oversee projects throughout the development cycle to ensure they are aligning to strategy.
- Design quality solutions on time and within budget.
- Meet with customers to help sell design capabilities and custom solutions.
- Interpret customer feedback and offer appropriate solutions.
Packaging Design Manager Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- 7 years of experience in design.
- 3-5 years leadership experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Solidworks, Keyshot or other graphics rendering software.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Positive and motivational.
- Detail and goal oriented, with ability to plan / prioritize activities.
- Ability to build trust with the team and partners.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and challenging assignments simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of: graphic design, brand strategy, design principles, retail & e-commence design, packaging design, retail display, and fixture design.
- Strong understanding of packaging qualification standards (ISTA, ASTM.)
- Strong understanding of industrial design and engineering.
- Ability to understand a business opportunity and how to align design-driven solutions to it.
Job ID: 315188KK
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: