The BOSS Group is excited to be partnering up with a local Atlanta organization in their search for a skilled Managing Editor for a Direct Hire/Full Time position. This person should have a finger on the pulse of the Jewish community, and be extremely well versed in print, newspaper, and/or magazine copy editing. The Managing Editor will oversee the editorial process for the organizations publication and assist with community networking and news gathering. The ideal candidate will have exceptional knowledge about communications and mass media and the ability to work efficiently under pressure and a fast moving environment. If you are an experienced copy editor in the publication industry and are looking for the next step up in your career, we want to hear from you!
- Edit articles before going out to print, while guiding and providing assistance to the editorial staff
- Responsible for all editing, fact checking and QC
- Ensure all written content is relevant, fresh, and free of any spelling or grammatical errors
- Assign internal writers to stories and event coverage
- Provide guidance and advice to writers on various topics they could write on
Managing Editor Requirements:
- Proven experience in an editor role
- Creative and innovative thought process as it relates to editing and publishing content
- Exceptional leadership skills and top notch listening skills
- Team player and ability to interact with people effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in the Jewish community
- Extremely team oriented environment and the opportunity to work with nice, friendly people
- Exceptional PTO! Office is closed on all Jewish high holidays and two additional full weeks in the calendar year
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to modernize and put a new creative spin on an established organization and publication !
About The BOSS Group:
A specialist in placing creative, marketing and digital talent, The BOSS Group, offers temporary and direct hire/full-time positions with corporations, associations design agencies and non-profit organizations across the U.S. With 28 years of experience staffing and recruiting top creative talent we seek the best placement for you. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Where Talent and Opportunity Meet
Connect with us on Facebook Twitter LinkedIn