We are currently supporting a wonderful non-profit organization with over 25,000 professionals in its membership, as they search for a Junior Marketing and Communications Specialist to join their team in Schaumburg, IL! The Marketing Project Specialist will be responsible for both the strategy and implementation of marketing plans and also the design of marketing collateral to increase awareness and member engagement. This full time/direct hire position is located on site in Schaumburg, IL. If you are a strategy/design hybrid looking for a career in an established organization, this is the opportunity for you!
Junior Marketing and Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
- Develop and create high quality and effective marketing commucniations to increase awareness and engagement
- Develop content and design of marketing collateral - Brochures, flyers, etc.
- Craft engaging and unique content for event materials to help promote and market the meetings / events
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns, including building lists for both print and digitial mailings
- Collaborate closely with external vendors and internal sponsorship team to help plan and market events
- Responsible for tactical implementation of marketing plans
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on event needs, schedules, and completion of projects
- Create and maintain advertising schedules
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a marketing and content creation role
- Proven experience implementing new marketing plans and promoting products/events
- Strong direct mail experience - understanding of response rates
- Proven experience utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional relationship builder with great communication skills
- Great location and free parking on site
- Growth opportunity! Recent person in this role has been promoted to a new position internally
- Opportunity to take on a wide variety of projects with full ownership from soup to nuts
- Flexible hours
About The BOSS Group:
A specialist in placing creative, marketing and digital talent, The BOSS Group, offers temporary and direct hire/full-time positions with corporations, associations design agencies and non-profit organizations across the U.S. With 28 years of experience staffing and recruiting top creative talent we seek the best placement for you. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Where Talent and Opportunity Meet