Our client, a leader in the packaging space, is looking for a manager to lead their industrial design team. If you are an Industrial designer with 7+ years of ID experience and 3+ years of experience leading and managing a team, we want to speak with you! This direct hire position will sit on-site in Phoenix, AZ. If you are interested and live outside of the Phoenix area, we want to speak with you, but please understand this is an on-site position.
Industrial Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, and motivate a team of 6-8 industrial designers.
- Develop design-driven solutions to solve for business opportunities.
- Stay current with software updates, industry standards and technology developments.
- Reflect marketplace and design trends in work.
- Work with team members and project managers to prioritize projects and workload.
- Prepare for large upcoming projects and changes in workload.
- Develop functional process to promote team collaboration and growth.
- Work with functional and cross-functional partners to help develop strategy.
- Lead efforts with other managers to execute on business objectives.
- Work with external customer teams to ensure project success.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Review/approve production-ready art.
- Conduct creative sessions with team members to kick off new initiatives.
- Guide team members throughout the creative process.
- Present work to internal groups and customers.
- Lead senior designers in developing art direction.
- Oversee projects throughout the development cycle to ensure they are aligning to strategy.
- Meet with customers to help sell design capabilities and custom solutions.
Industrial Design Manager Requirements / Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Package Design or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in design.
- 3-5 years leadership experience.
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and challenging assignments simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of: graphic design, brand strategy, design principles, retail & e-commence design, packaging design, retail display and fixture design.
- Strong understanding of industrial design.
- Ability to understand a business opportunity and how to align design-driven solutions to it.
Job ID: 316534KK
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: