The BOSS Group is currently supporting a fantastic organization just outside of Washington, DC (McLean, VA), in their search for a high level Director of PR. This is a full time / direct hire position which offers relocation assistance and is located on site in McLean, VA. The PR Director will be the public spokes person handling crisis and reputation issues for a designated internal division within the organization. Additionally, you will be part of the broader corporate communications team to best determine how they package their PR and content together to tell the corporate story. Our ideal candidate will have experience being the number one or two person in a high profile communication shop, and have experience in a PR or large corporate entity leading PR strategy for an organization. This position does require experience in the financial, housing, and/or real estate industry.
Director of PR Responsibilities:
- Act as the key relationship manager and media relations lead in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Set and deliver on PR plans and strategies, in coordination with corporate communications and marketing
- Manage media interviews, draft press releases, talking points, Q&A, key message documents, and conduct internal and external briefings
- Research, develop and pitch story ideas and angles
- Partner with company SMEs to access content and unique perspectives, while developing messaging tailored towards promoting business initiatives with various target audiences
- Engage effectively with the media and think on your feet
Director of PR Requirements:
- 10-15 years of professional experience in PR, Media Relations and Corporate Communications
- Exceptional media relations, writing and presentation skills
- Proven experience in the financial services, banking, commercial real estate markets
- Strong understanding of how to operate in a regulated environment
- Polished, strong attention to detail, and business savvy
- Proven experience in a PR or Communications agency or high profile PR firm
Join a rapidly growing and highly profitable division
Lucrative base salary and generous bonus!
Top notch relocation assistance for out of area candidates looking to move
Well known and highly visible brand!
About The BOSS Group:
A specialist in placing creative, marketing and digital talent, The BOSS Group, offers temporary and direct hire/full-time positions with corporations, associations design agencies and non-profit organizations across the U.S. With 28 years of experience staffing and recruiting top creative talent we seek the best placement for you. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Where Talent and Opportunity Meet
Connect with us on Facebook Twitter LinkedIn