The BOSS Group is supporting a mission driven association in Washington, DC in their search for an Executive Director of Communications for a full time/direct hire position. Our client who is focused on the energy industry is seeking an experienced and highly successful communications professional who offers expertise in writing speeches, dynamic presentations, strategic communications press releases, and other executive materials. The ideal candidate will have experience promoting energy initiatives through exceptional written skills that encourage action and generates attention grabbing material. If you are passionate about communications and the energy industry, we want to hear from you!
- Develop content for materials that support the organizations public policy goals. This includes but is not limited to: presentations, talking points, speeches.
- Enhance the company's thought leadership and proactively promote energy initiatives through national and trade media
- Identify opportunities for company sponsored events and creative strategies to execute
- Serve as the communications lead on external events while leading the development of marketing materials to communication the company value proposition
- Provide media relations and communications assistance as needed, specifically during crisis situations
- Work across a variety of departments to develop and implement integrated communications strategies that ensure consistency of messages
- Help to develop a company speakers bureau and manage speaking engagements for executive team
Executive Communications Director Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in communications, PR, and/or journalism - Or press related experience on Cap Hill or a trade association
- Proven experience in the energy / electric industry is required for this position
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with the ability to develop strategic commucniations and speeches. (Writing speeches will be minimum 35% of the role)
- Experience communicating complex subjects in an easy to understand fashion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal and external teams and leadership
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and fast paced environment
- Thorough command of industry issues and the news media
- Work in a professional environment where people really care about each other and work together
- Company lunch and learns, wellness programs, and on site events
- On site (free) fitness facility and tuition reimbursement
About The BOSS Group:
A specialist in placing creative, marketing and digital talent, The BOSS Group, offers temporary and direct hire/full-time positions with corporations, associations design agencies and non-profit organizations across the U.S. With 28 years of experience staffing and recruiting top creative talent we seek the best placement for you. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Where Talent and Opportunity Meet
Connect with us on Facebook Twitter Linkedin