Our client, Worldwide Assurance for Employees of Public Agencies (WAEPA), is a nonprofit association seeking an Event Outreach Manager. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and will interface with all levels of the organization and external marketing partners.
- The Event Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the sales strategy, across multiple regions; marketing WAEPA’s product offerings to federal organizations and other targeted referral sources.
- The primary responsibility is to meet and exceed goals contributing to the membership growth by increasing WAEPA’s brand awareness among Civilian Federal Employees.
- Candidates should be skilled at developing multi-level strategies and executing multiple projects. Candidates should also have strong communication and presentation skills.
- WAEPA is looking for a motivated individual eager to take the next step in their marketing career. The person in this role will be crucial to supporting our marketing events strategy and elevating our brand across key markets and audiences. You will develop and manage our industry event relations, including overseeing all aspects of event management and production from logistics and invitations to sponsorships and promotions.
- A successful candidate will have excellent networking skills, a proactive attitude and a strong attention to detail; ability to work as an entrepreneur, cross-functionally and have a comfort for ambiguity.
- You will serve as the face of WAEPA seeing and talking with members, prospects, gatekeepers and stakeholders. You will spend time visiting existing federal agencies and prospective organizations while implementing the annual sales / marketing strategy. The role will be based in Falls Church, VA but will require domestic travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales, marketing or related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills; detail oriented
- Self-starter, able to work independently and with a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive individual and a hard worker
- Knowledge of sales promotion and advertising techniques
- Good computer application skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Able to persuade and convince others with poise and tact
- Willingness to travel
Preferred Qualifications + Requirements
- Microsoft Office 365 -- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Life Insurance License or obtain it within the first six (6) months of start date
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM database
- Click Dimensions Marketing Automation software
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase WAEPA’s exposure throughout the DC metro area (and beyond) to build brand awareness through sponsorship opportunities, conferences and new sales event opportunities
- Develop new relationships and nurture current relationships with key people within federal communities to open doors to potential member
- In collaboration with the Marketing Department, assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive sales strategy to meet new member enrollment goals across multiple regions
- Manage events, trade shows and sponsorships to include planning, organizing and execution – including logistics and RSVP management
- Promote WAEPA’s existing products and help prospects understand new product announcements / features
- Research and gather information for new events, conferences and sponsorships
- Maintain database of leads, existing prospective members and referral sources through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and follow all procedures deemed necessary to keep CRM current
- Tracks appropriate information in the CRM throughout the sales or referral process and generates corresponding reports
- Work closely with our Marketing Manager to maintain CR
- Submit weekly / monthly activity tracking and expense reports as required
- Researches and evaluate competitive activity
- Generate new business opportunities through leads, networking, obtaining referrals and marketing calls; develops lead nurturing campaigns
- Maintain professional image and demeanor, representing organization in a polished and ethical manner at all times
WAEPA was formed in 1943 by federal employees, for federal employees. The goal of WAEPA is to provide access to products and services that promote the health, welfare and financial well-being of its members. Learn more at waepa.org.
Job ID: 315981CC
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: