Email Engagement Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintain the organizational calendar for emails, managing and communicating process, deadlines, and making recommendations to inform channel strategy and guide our email communications to the best product for all business owners. Provide leadership on process improvements and help identifying gaps in our email program.
- Working with the Associate Director of Digital Communications, and based on learnings from implementing our email program, recommend opportunities for improvements to respective business owners’ email strategies.
- The Email Engagement Manager works closely with the culinary events team to develop, refine and execute an email testing strategy, provide strategic guidance on event emails, and provide expertise training as needed to culinary team members on email best practices, processes and protocols.
- Oversees the work of the email production team (both internal staff and external consultants), ensuring quality control, effective project management and that deadlines are met. May produce emails, donation pages or other products from time to time depending on demand and workflow.
- Manage the email marketing associate, setting priorities and goals, and fostering professional development.
- Lead reporting and analysis in partnership with business owners to inform strategy and decisionmaking for email as a channel. Analysis includes but is not limited to campaign results, topline content analysis, open and deliverability rates, form abandonments and unsubscribes.
- Responsible for managing the eCRM product and tools around our email program (currently Luminate). Works to incorporate new products and processes based on the needs of all eCRM customers, working collaboratively with the Database Manager to manage data flow, eCRM data hygiene and maintenance/support.
- Manage consistency of code across all emails, ensuring a similar look and feel for outgoing messages in line with organizational branding.
- Serve as main point of contact for systems training for our eCRM (Blackbaud’s Luminate Online) and our online project management software (Basecamp).
- Additional duties as assigned.
Email Engagement Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Proven experience in a digital focused role with solid HTML, and email best practices experience required. Experience working with content management systems important.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Luminate Online and mobile optimized coding preferred. Experience with Basecamp and CSS a plus.
- Strong project/process management skills.
- Experience with fundraising and advocacy digital strategies, including strong understanding of storytelling.
- Experience with specific graphic design applications including Adobe Creative Suite elements important, especially Photoshop and Dreamweaver a plus.
- Strong editing skills and high attention to detail.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities while coordinating workflow in a deadline-driven and service-focused environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to maintain strong professional relationships with a range of groups, volunteers and associates both in person and by writing/phone.
- Excellent problem-solving and implementation skills.
- Must be proactive and a self-starter.
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: