The Director of Photo & Video will work with the Vice President of Field Research and Executive Leadership to identify core strategies that enable Architectural Photographers to capture compelling media to market commercial real estate. These strategies will drive the future vision of our brand as an invaluable resource to the industry. This person will also create the structure and accountability for CoStar staff to master the use of state-of-the-art technology including hand-held DSLR cameras, remotely operated 360-degree cameras, drones (UAV, UAS), videos, editing software and more.
- The successful candidate will set the standard for high quality photographs and videos.
- Create guidelines for Photographers to follow for each of the CoStar products.
- Implement drone video protocol, ideal photographs and videos captured by drones for each building type.
- Establish a uniform style for neighborhood/submarket photos and videos.
- Bring innovation to photographic workflows, reducing the delivery time of product, while improving the quality of imagery produced.
- Make technical decisions regarding shoots such as choice of cameras, lenses, and other accessories as well as other aspects such as lighting, shot composition, etc.
- Oversee and manage acquisition, deployment, and disposition of photo and video assets.
- Collaborate with CoStar Marketing, Product Design, and Product Development to identify ideal methods for image and video hosting and distribution.
- Conduct regular portfolio reviews of work submitted by CoStar’s Photographers.
- Create continued training and mentor program for Photographers.
- Senior-level creative or marketing experience with a successful record of developing, executing, and measuring strategies and tactics.
- Expert and practical knowledge of photography and video equipment such as cameras, lighting, sound, Steadicams, accessories and more.
- Ability to both give and receive clear direction
- Experience with Photoshop, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro, Avid, Adobe Premier, Mac OS and MS Office
- Expert and practical experience with drones (UAV, UAS)
- FAA 107 certification required
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-driven environments
- Ability to recruit and manage top talent
- Experience researching, procuring, and testing new photo and video software and hardware
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Photography, Film/Media, and/or Videography
- Domestic and International travel required.
JOB ID: 315484KK
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: