Design Director Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a mastery of production skills, typography, color, composition, layout, and visual storytelling in graphic applications including: print, environmental (wayfinding, branding, thematic, experiential), and digital applications (screen graphics, online communications, media).
- Possesses the ability to interpret, work within, and augment existing brand standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply principles of narrative design, visual storytelling, audience journey, and messaging hierarchy to design work.
- Has an aptitude for research to uncover insights, inspirations, assets, and resources.
- Articulates and presents design concepts, insights, and rationale to internal team members and clients.
- Works with Senior Design Directors to create original design concepts and realize them through production and final execution.
- Interprets and implements design direction and feedback.
- Demonstrates the ability to realize concepts from start to finish, including the production of files for final distribution to vendors (print and/or screen-ready files).
- Ensures the quality of final execution with print, fabrication, and technology vendors.
- Constantly seeks new and innovative techniques and technologies to employ in the design of experiences.
- Identifies and incorporates modern design aesthetics and trends.
- BA degree in Design or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in Design or related field.
- Extensive proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Extensive proficiency in PowerPoint and Apple Keynote.
- Proficiency in 3D software is a big plus (3ds Max, SketchUp, etc.).
- Strong traditional and environmental design skills to be used in a variety of applications (i.e. motion, visual campaigns, branding, presentations, scenic, environmental).
- Highly organized, flexible, and possess the ability to re-prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, ever-changing creative environment.
- Great with people at all levels.
- Willingness to go beyond a job description and jump in wherever needed.
- Confident and engaging communicator and presenter.
- Impeccable attention to detail, particularly in the production and execution of final files and artwork.
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: