Creative & Media Director Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the format and layout of a weekly publication.
- Managing the organization’s website and social media platforms.
- Conceiving and executing strategies to expand social media following and outreach.
- Creating compelling illustrations, videos, infographics, and other content for social media, the website, reports, e-newsletters, brochures, fliers, and additional outreach materials.
- Assisting with writing and proofing press releases and reports.
- Creating ads designs for advertisers/clients.
- Collaborating with client services to deliver advertisements that drive profit for our clients.
- Executing support media relations tasks, including tracking media coverage and compiling media reports.
- Responsible for the design and visual identity of newspaper plus other linked projects.
- Providing creative input into new ideas and projects, especially visual identity.
- Collaborating on arrangement of the budget plan of newspaper and related titles where appropriate.
- Overseeing quality of design and pictures on all products.
- Defining and agree design and production standards on related projects.
- Developing and monitor the house style for use of logos, maintaining visual identity and consistency across the brand.
- Acting as the liaison between editors, publishers and all departments of brand.
- Contribute to conception and development of creative ideas for newspaper and brand projects.
- Overseeing the design for existing and new titles and platforms ensuring the inclusion of web, social media and projects.
Creative & Media Director Requirements:
- Three to five years of professional experience in journalism, public relations, advertising or other public communications field is highly preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must have strong Graphic Design and Media skills.
- An ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask, and pay close attention to detail.
- Proficiency with websites and social media platforms, as well as knowledge of current communications best practices for social media.
- Must have prior experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Mail Chimp, basic HTML/CSS.
- Experience of leading an editorial design department.
- Experience of designing and developing a product to the highest standard.
- Experience of commissioning and managing world class photographic talent.
- Experienced in managing and developing design and commissioning design projects.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate design concepts, negotiate internally and externally and advise and promote design policy.
- The ability to protect and incorporate visual identity and design values into commercial proposals and business processes.
Job ID: 315480CG
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: