Worldwide Assurance for Employees of Public Agencies (WAEPA), is a nonprofit association (not an insurance company) seeking a Creative Manager. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and will interface with all levels of the organization and external marketing partners.
Do you love creative, strategy and seeing real results of your hard work? WAEPA’s Marketing Department is a passionate team of creative thinkers tasked with shaping the future of our brand by crafting experiences, materials and messages that result in new acquisitions.
This is a role for the visual designer, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end campaigns across media types, screens, formats and technologies; and who can collaborate well both inside and outside WAEPA.
You'll collaboratively plan business-moving marketing campaigns, with substantial vendor interaction. You’ll develop and oversee the creative strategy, execution and processes that bring it all to life. You will develop new processes and implement improvements to existing programs.
Working alongside a proven team of industry experts, you will assist in the successful delivery of solutions for growing WAEPA’s brand. You will help ensure WAEPA is as relevant and engaged as possible with both internal and external audiences.
You'll be expected to manage and own the creative strategy for building WAEPA’s brand. You will partner with the Marketing Department and vendors to understand business objectives and strategies and translate that into overall creative direction of WAEPA. Along with that, you'll be expected to review creative output to ensure work meets marketing and business objectives and elevates the WAEPA brand. As part of this, you'll manage and negotiate workflow to ensure workload level matches allocated creative resources - both internal as well as agency resources.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, design or communications
Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing or advertising
Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing copy and content
Minimum of 2 years of experience in creative development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Active and open-minded learner
- Be highly motivated, an over achiever and team player
- Operate with the highest level of integrity
- Be an "Out of the Box" thinker who is both creative and innovative, with the ability to think strategically while maintaining focused results and execution
- Have a propensity to succeed both personally and professionally, focused on achieving results and exceeding goals and objectives
- Have a positive "can do" attitude and a true passion for what you do
Proven mastery in the following software is required
Microsoft Office -- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
WordPress, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, Office Dynamics
Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Photoshop
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the creative strategy for marketing campaigns and member communications; manage the creative strategy and work, ensuring brand and message consistency across multiple platforms
- Lead and direct the design and production of visual, audio and media used for marketing, advertising, broadcast and web
- Knowledge and continual study of interactive industry User Experience, Usability, and Conversion trends
- Strong command of visual and communication design principles
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centered
- History of building and growing brands across traditional and new media
- Creative mindset able to contribute ideas and articulate concepts for content generation, brand development and new business growth
- Work closely with Content Marketing Specialist for consistent and engaging messaging
- Recommend appropriate creative resources and manage external vendors
- Ensures that campaign milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets
- Establish and implement design and format standards and processes to produce consistent and high quality results resulting in acquisitions
- Identify unique market trends and insights to inform member-centric approach to product marketing
- Monitor creative testing and optimize to top performing units; must be able to analyze data to achieve KPIs
- Proactively report all big successes, inconsistencies, under-performance or any other creative-related metrics on a monthly basis
- Demonstrate a passion and curiosity for digital media and actively seeks opportunities to expand understanding of creative landscape
- Artwork proofing (must be comfortable with graphics, art files and basic HTML)
- Assist marketing team with day-to-day tasks and coordinating projects; other duties as assigned
WAEPA was formed in 1943 by federal employees, for federal employees. The goal of WAEPA is to provide access to products and services that promote the health, welfare and financial well-being of its members. Learn more at waepa.org.
Job ID: 315980CC
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: