- Report to Creative Manager with the task of creating content in support of products, experiences and services for consultants and end consumers including web content, email content, social media content, training materials for consultants
- Work with key stake holders to determine content positioning
- Research content, conducting interviews, making writing assignments, writing articles, copyediting and proofreading.
- Copy edit and proofread other writers’ content for clarity, conciseness and accuracy.
- Make recommendations on editorial content, creative direction
- Adapt writing style to the brand’s voice and tone.
- Has authority to copy edit other writers’ work.
- Collaborate with others from the Content team to define and implement editorial-style standards.
- Compelling, actionable copy results in increased sales and recruiting.
- Accurate fact checking and copy editing results in the avoidance of costly errors.
- B.A. in Journalism, English, Marketing Communication or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a writer, preferably in an agency, corporate or consumer products environment required.
- Excellent writing skills under tight deadline conditions required.
- Superior grammatical and editorial skills required; knowledge of AP Stylebook required.
- Skilled verbal communicator effective at getting points across clearly and concisely.
- Editorial, copy editing and proofreading skills required.
- Thorough understanding of marketing copywriting principles
- Thorough understanding of journalism practices (accuracy, fact-checking, researching, interviewing process, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and business communications skills required.
- Must be comfortable interviewing and gathering information from Consultants, coworkers and content providers at all levels.
- Superior organization skills required, including the ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of approval process, whether in an editorial or corporate capacity required.
- Intellectual curiosity with a passion for jumping into and understanding initiatives.
- Business acumen that helps you understand direct selling and marketing objectives.
- Direct selling/marketing writing experience a definite plus.
- Working understanding of graphic design principles a plus.
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: