- Collaborate with Graphic Designers, Marketers and other team members to come up with creative solutions to meet business goals.
- Compose copy about a range of topics for various asset types, including but not limited to paid and owned social channels, site assets, emails, digital ads, store signage,printed mailers, large scale campaigns, brainstorms, pitch decks, video scripts and occasional long-form articles.
- Adhere to the company brand tone of voice and contribute to our style guide.
- Suggest topics for and help lead workshops to help foster consistency and expanded common knowledge amongst the functional area.
- Stay up to date on competitors, aggregating research and distilling into decks to be shared with the larger team as assigned.
- Take character limitations and design constraints into account when creating copy, and partner with editors to resolve writing or grammar issues.
- Participate in the quality assurance (QA) phases of projects to help ensure all final copy has been correctly implemented online and conduct audits of the site to identify and document errors.
- Contribute to our continuously expanding writing guidelines by keeping an eye out for inconsistencies and bringing them to managers’ and editors’ attention.
- Apply best practices as they pertain to mobile technology, apps and other technology used by consumers to research and purchase products.
- Attend and engage in kick-off and follow-up meetings by asking questions, anticipating information required to create effective copy and proactively seeking clarity and resolution.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude and foster top-notch working relationships with cross-functional and internal Creative Team partners.
- BA in Journalism, Creative Writing, Advertising, or related field and 1 year copywriting experience OR 3 years copywriting experience.
- 2 years' experience copywriting in a ecomm environment.
- 1 year experience working for or with creative agencies.
- 1 year experience developing copy concepts in a retail or marketing environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-manage, as well as collaborate closely.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Fantastic sense of humor.
Job ID: 314663MM
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: