Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
- Lead Working Group reporting interface—Work with the global working group team in a news reporter role.
- Provide guidance, support and best practices to the working group team as they collect and summarize results of the various Working Group meetings and initiatives. The Specialist then uses this information to develop and write content for various association channels to promote working group progress and accomplishments
- Support production of member publications
- Assist the Director, Marketing & Communications as assigned in developing content and helping with various stages of production for the Association’s various member communications channels, including the quarterly magazine, bimonthly newsletters, bi-annual newsletter, the website, social media and the Association’s email program
- Support marketing/communications efforts of various departments
- Provide communications strategy and implementation support to the Association’s Membership, Allied Member and Meetings & Events teams as required. This includes developing and supervising required communications and production of marketing materials.
- Work with the Director, Marketing & Communications to develop and implement various new communications and marketing efforts as assigned
- Supervise existing member communications/marketing-related projects as assigned—Responsible for managing specific, designated ongoing projects within the overall communications program
Communications Specialist Requirements:
- 3 years of work-related experience, including managerial accountability in multiple disciplines and processes related to the position (e.g., communications program planning and execution, writing and editing, utilization of print, digital and social communications channels and understanding of communications and marketing disciplines).
- Hospitality Experience is preferred
- Excellent composition, writing, and editing skills; superior knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and business writing style guidelines.
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, handle changing priorities, and meet deadlines; strong follow up skills.
- Proven success in executing results based communications programs.
- Through knowledge of internal and external communication channels(i.e. print, digital, experiential, as well as general marketing/advertising media); and ability to write for each medium.
- Proficient in analyzing and reporting on data, providing intuitive input and problem solving recommendations.
- Proficiency in use of common software programs(i.e. Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite)
About The BOSS Group:
We offer an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program.
A specialist in placing creative, marketing and digital talent, The BOSS Group, offers temporary and direct hire/full-time positions with corporations, associations design agencies and non-profit organizations across the U.S. With 28 years of experience staffing and recruiting top creative talent we seek the best placement for you. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Where Talent and Opportunity Meet
Connect with us on Facebook
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: