Assistant Director of Online Communications Responsibilities:
- Apply design thinking and human-centered design principles to digital communications.
- Deliver high quality tested code that follows engineering best practices.
- Participate as a primary stakeholder in planning the product roadmap and managing priorities.
- Work with University Information Technology and outside vendors to resolve technical issues and improve site/system performance.
- Maintain the accessibility of web properties and champion accessibility to the wider University community.
- Develop and maintain cross-client responsive email templates.
- Oversee data integrations between digital communications properties and other relevant systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve potential bugs and inefficiencies.
- Direct and supervise the work of student workers as necessary.
- Communicate and train other team members on web and email functionalities.
- Additional duties as needed.
- 4+ years of professional experience writing semantic HTML5 and modern SCSS for responsive applications.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Empathy with the many different types of users who interact with the University's site.
- Deep understanding of cross-browser and cross-email-client compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficiency with ADA compliance.
- Experience developing within and extending CMS frameworks.
- Experience with user testing and user-centered design.
- Experience with SEO.
- Familiarity with RESTful API integration.
- Familiarity with modern build tools and version control.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to convey technical concepts to stakeholders and other non-technical staff.
- Willingness to learn and champion the University's mission and identity.
Job ID: 317770AP
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: