The Art Director (AD) provides design leadership and art direction for the in-house agency. Working in collaboration with a copywriter who develops the verbal portion of concepts, the AD develops visual concepts in response to a creative brief. The AD is responsible for supporting the associate creative director (ACD), creative peers and account services teams in developing marketing collateral and internal communications materials for clients. The art director must exhibit outstanding design judgment and needs working knowledge of clients’ business challenges to achieve the highest possible standards for all materials requiring design across all mediums. For select assignments, the AD will also be expected to help develop creative strategies and lead the conceptual development.
Location: Downtown Houston
- Lead in directing and executing the design of marketing assets as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs under the direction of the ACD, account teams and clients
- Provide art direction on small- and large-scale projects from creative conception to completion
- Brainstorm and strategize with creative team to help develop creative direction with a focus on the look and feel of Tier 1 marketing materials
- Support the ACD and creative team in developing creative strategies and concepts
- Play an active role in leading conceptual ideation in brainstorms or offline creative development
- Lead as associate creative director for specific projects as defined by the ACD
- Demonstrate proficient expertise in using Adobe Creative Cloud software as required by the job function
- Understand design applications in traditional and emerging channels
- State opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts
Job ID: 317139DR1
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.Connect With Us: