Our client, a leading advocacy agency, is looking for a direct hire/full time rockstar Account Manager to assist in their mission driven objectives in New York City, NY. Initiatives vary from social justice movements, civic engagement efforts and issue based campaigns. As Account Manager, you'll identify new business opportunities and pursue them through pitching and strategy plans. You'll manage primary client accounts and act as the main point of contact while you create and implement their strategy plans. You'll sit in the NYC office and occasionally come visit the DC office.
Account Manager Responsibilities:
- The Account Manager’s primary responsibilities are leading, managing and expanding client accounts as either the primary lead or second in command
- Developing and managing project work plans and budgets, updating management on progress of projects, acting as primary client contact, managing junior staff members and working with management and accounting as needed to ensure proper billing
- Candidate will need to take direction from the account lead and provide input into strategy or assistance with implementation as directed
- The Account Manager is a member of the senior management team and is expected to participate in senior staff meetings, contribute ideas into the overall management and well-being of the firm, serve as a mentor to junior staff and consistently identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of their work and actively identify and pursue new business opportunities
Account Manager Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (degree requirements may be substituted for an equivalent combination of education, training and experience) and minimum of seven years relevant job experience, including public relations or public affairs agency, Hill/Albany/City Hall, nonprofit communications or related experience
- Must have experience managing staff and demonstrate project management expertise
- Superior client service skills are a must as are outstanding writing and public speaking skills
- A successful director is a highly motivated, self-starter who takes direction well but can also work independently, thrive on variety and can shift directions seamlessly
About The BOSS Group:
A specialist in placing creative, marketing and digital talent, The BOSS Group, offers temporary and direct hire/full-time positions with corporations, associations design agencies and non-profit organizations across the U.S. With 28 years of experience staffing and recruiting top creative talent we seek the best placement for you. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Where Talent and Opportunity Meet
Connect with us on Facebook