Our client, a higher education institution seeks a temporary hire (6 month contract), editor who will report to the assistant director of marketing and digital content. This role currently located in Adelphi, MD, will be responsible for developing print and digital content to drive leads and applications to the organization.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of editing content that drives interest, engagement, and lead generation and the ability to edit for sense, accuracy, style, syntax, grammar, and voice. The editor is expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices, search engine optimization, content marketing trends, and higher education best practices.
- Edit content for a variety of channels that drive enrollment, including the website, landing pages, e-mail marketing campaigns, web banner ads, print ads, social media, collateral, and more. Structure web content and metadata for search engine optimization.
- Ensure that online content aligns with brand messaging, research, and insights; is complete and accurate; is consistent in style, quality, and tone of voice; is optimized for search engines; and fosters engagement, retention, lead generation, and user experience.
- Assess marketing requests/client needs, provide solutions, and ensure timely delivery of final products
About The BOSS Group
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML and Web Content Management Systems
- Five to seven (5 to 7) years of editing experience, including substantial experience in editing for digital media
We offer an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program.
A specialist in placing creative, marketing and digital talent, The BOSS Group, offers temporary and direct hire/full-time positions with corporations, associations design agencies and non-profit organizations across the U.S. With 28 years of experience staffing and recruiting top creative talent we seek the best placement for you. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Where Talent and Opportunity Meet
Connect with us on Facebook